Special Needs & Nugent Care
Special Needs Statement
• Sacramental preparation is offered to children and adults using a person-centred approach. Working in partnership with parents, parish and special schools, support and help is given to each family. With the help of a volunteer or catechist guidance can be provided for children with disabilities within the parish sacramental programme. Accompaniment has been provided for the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist, Reconciliation and Marriage.
• Opportunities for on-going faith formation are offered in the form of reflection days and week-end retreats. Parents and children find a sense of belonging and support in Faith & Light groups. A sense of community is built up at the monthly meetings and visits to other communities broaden the interest and contacts for children and adults alike.
• Local groups sponsor children and adults with disabilities on Lourdes pilgrimages every year.
• Working in collaboration with the Brothers of Charity in Thingwall Hall, Lisieux Hall, L’Arche and all the social clubs run by Nugent Care in the Diocese, an annual celebration of Mass for and with people with disabilities is held on the first Sunday of October every year.
• In schools we promote and raise awareness of the needs of people with disabilities.
• We dedicate ourselves to creating Catholic communities where all are welcome and where everyone belongs to the Body of Christ.
For more information, please contact Sr Eleanor Dalton, Nugent Care, 99 Edge Lane, Liverpool L7 2PE
tel (0151) 261-2000 email email@example.com or see the website www.nugentcare.org
Braille and large print editions of the Restored Order Confirmation and Communion resource will be available soon. These editions are for children, parents/carers and catechists. Contact Eleanor Lalley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0151 522 1047.